Access PDF documents at their lowest level
The SetaPDF-Core component is a PHP library for low level access of PDF files.
It represents the basis of the SetaPDF product line and is part of each individual component.
The main features and functionalities are:
- Reads PDF files of all available PDF versions
- Reads and writes PDF files via special reader and writer classes
- Repair mechanism for corrupted PDF files
- Reads and writes protected/encrypted PDF files (Standard PDF Encryption) up to AES 256bit
- Low level PDF object access
- Access to PDF metadata
- Access to viewer preferences
- Access to page properties like count, dimensions, rotation,...
- Access to page labels
- Access to various annotation types (e.g. links, text, and other types at lower level)
- Access to bookmark outlines
All SetaPDF components as of version 2 are build upon this component and automatically offers its functionallities.
In Action [See all demos]
More demos are available here.
Low Level Features
Internally the component offers much more functionallities used by other components:
- Optional content data (Layers)
- PDF encodings
- Standard PDF fonts
- TrueType font parser
- Image parser and handling (JPEG, PNG, JPEG2000)
- Color management (Grayscale, RGB, CMYK)
- Datastructure wrappers (Date, Rectangles, Name- and Number-Trees,...)
- Geometric helpers: Point, Rectangle
Examples of Usage
Some common tasks of the SetaPDF-Core component:
- Get a documents page count
- Validate page dimensions/boxes
- Validate used colors
- Read or set metadata
- Get information about used fonts
- Secure documents with standard PDF encryption
- Check a document for a PDF Porfolio or Package
Do you like this product?
Than it would be awesome, if you‘d recommend it to your friends!